Monday 14 November 2011

Grayson Perry Late Event

Last Friday UAL students hosted a late event at the British Museum to coincide and honour the current Grayson Perry: The Tomb Of The Unknown Craftsman exhibition. Students had organised all kinds of activities and workshops in the style of Grayson Perry's own work. My favourite was the tree of pompoms initiated and mostly made by second year Chelsea Textiles students, as it sounds like a really odd idea, but really worked and looked like an amazing, crazy wooly christmas tree. I made a few pompoms myself and had quite a bit of fun feeling like a primary school kid again.
my pompom =3






There was also a workshop that involved making a small plasticine animal which would then be used as an offering to the gods and in return we received our fortunes, reading it back now it all sounds a little mental but thats Grayson Perry I suppose....


my plasticine cat/fox offering!


The photo quality here is incredibly bad oops... I need to get used to using a proper camera rather than just an iphone...

No comments:

Post a Comment